Benefits of Black Vinegar
Chinese black vinegar is widely used in Chinese cooking for all types of cold appetizers, braised meats and fish, noodles and as a dipping condiment for dumplings. It can be used to add acidity and sweetness to braised dishes like Chinese Braised Fish, where it cooks down to sweet black gold. Chinese black vinegar known usually in its most popular form, Chinkiang or Zhenjiang vinegar is deeply colored and tastes fruity though it’s less sweet than balsamic, with a touch of umami richness. It’s made by adding acetic acid and bacteria to glutinous rice, usually, but also to wheat, millet, or sorghum. Black vinegar is incredibly versatile.
I recently tried my own simple recipe Chicken Black Vinegar, it is a little sour, sweet and spicy at the same time. I will include the reciple below. Very easy to make. Enjoy! I am sure there are numerious ways you could have fun with this vinegar to enhance your meals.
Some claim that black vinegar has numerous medicinal properties.
Health Benefits Of Black Vinegar
1. Lowers Cholesterol
2. Provides Energy
3. Prevents Cancer
4. Prevents Fatigue
5. Prevents Sore Muscles
6. Detoxifies The Body
7. Improves Digestion
8. Prevents Plaque Build-Up
9. Improves Circulation
10. Relieves Pain And Disinfects
!1. Lower Blood Pressure,
In Japan, kurozu is a somewhat lighter form of black vinegar, made just from rice. It has been marketed as a healthful drink. Because black vinegar produces good tasting substances while maturing, it is “easy to drink even for people who have difficulty drinking ordinary vinegar,” a Mizkan official said. Black vinegar is also said to contain more amino acid than ordinary vinegar.
Here are ways to use black-vinegar:
* Chicken Black Vinegar. Marinate fresh chicken over night with the Chinse Black Vinegar. let the vinegar cover the whole chicken so that it can sink in the meat. The next day remove the chicken from the vinegar, place the chicken in the oven plate , add salt to taste, add your choice of spices and finally add paprika powder. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 t0 40 munites. Enjoy!
* Use black vinegar to riff on traditional chicken salad. Create a creamy dressing with black vinegar, mayo, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and a pinch of sugar. Toss with lettuce, bok choy, cooked chicken, and lots of sliced scallions, and finish with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
* Use black vinegar instead of lemon to punch up the flavor of scallops in brown butter. Sear the scallops in butter, then remove to a plate. Add sliced almonds and a thin-sliced garlic clove to the pan, with 1 tablespoon of butter. Let the butter brown, and finish with 1 tablespoon black vinegar and 2 tablespoons white wine; toss scallops in the sauce and serve.
* Splash black vinegar into the pan with roasted Brussels sprouts—it gives a smoky yet fruity finish.
* Use it in these interesting, sweet-sour Ribs with Black Vinegar Sauce.
* Add black vinegar to your favorite chicken or turkey.
* Black vinegar makes a great marinade for grilled pork chops. Combine a few tablespoons with chopped rosemary and Dijon mustard; marinate the chops for 1 hour or longer.
* Toss 1 pound of fresh Chinese egg noodles with this sesame–black vinegar dressing: 1/4 cup sesame oil | 1/4 cup black soy sauce | 2 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar | 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar | 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt | 1 tablespoon hot chile oil, or to taste. • Mix all ingredients well, making sure the sugar and salt are dissolved. Toss with the cooked, well-drained noodles until evenly coated. Adjust the seasonings as needed to achieve a hot, tangy, salty, sweet balance. Thinly slice 8 scallions and toss into the noodles. For best flavor, allow to sit several hours before serving.
You can order here at our store: